Thursday, August 11, 2011

Opening post

As I reflect back on my time as a telephone solicitor and prospector (herein referred to as a "TSP"), for an insurance broker that specializes in limited indemnity plans, , sometimes it seems surreal that I actually bound myself to a chair for hours, repeated the same script ad hominum/ad nauseum, strived to keep the same lilt in my voice, yada yada yada. I say surreal because the reality is, the majority of the general public would never try it. I mean, check out games people play with telemarketers       as well as this website, too

Mission: an auto-dialer executed about a zillion calls per minute. You sit near a screen wearing a headset. When someone picks up, the screen flashes their information. The script itself is proprietary, so I will not divulge here, based on moral and legal grounds. But the goal is to find out if they have coverage, and transfer pre-qualified prospects to an agent.

Some of the transfers during my six month tenure were, to say the least, entertaining.

  • one of our former TSP's, smooth, hit all the right buttons in transferring  the call to the boss--except for the fact the prospect she sent over was 97 years old.

  • I really shined on my first transfer. Goal--execute a 3-way, introduce the prospect to the agent, then drop-out. Result: mistakenly dropped the prospect, then myself, leaving the agent, who also happens to own the company, alone in his office to have a lovely conversation with himself. ("we're not here to have a conversation, we're here to close the deal").
________________________________________________

N.R.  AND THE FAMILY (NON-HOSTILE) TAKE-OVER

Along with his two nice kids on board, next week they're bringing in the family dog and goldfish....
___________________________________________________/span>

NOT TO BE MISSED--NEXT INSTALLMENT---

Chris M.-- the TSP Party Animal--you asked for it, you're gonna get it!!

  • the methods to his madness
  • his growing fan club
  • his legendary transfers that have the ladies weak in the knees
  • his favorite hang-outs, cocktails, recipes
  • a voyueristic insight into the man they threw the mold away on
AND....

S.S. PUTS HER FOOT DOWN IN THE KITCHEN  ("FOOLS, I AM NOT YOUR DAMN MAID!")

STAY TUNED IN!

1 comment: